Re: Actiontec DSL Modem/Router Trouble

Tony Langdon, VK3JED <vk3jed@...>

At 11:35 PM 8/09/2004, you wrote:

I had a similar problem with my Actiontec and Quest, and it amazingly
disappeared after I called Quest and asked them if they were blocking ports
and explained the symptoms. They said they weren't, but about an hour later,
with no other changes on my part, I was able to access the application I
needed to. I don't know if they unblocked ports or modified my modem
settings from their end, but it magically started working.
Things that make you go hrmmmmmmmmmmm... Perhaps they could smell the scent
of a customer getting ready to leave? ;-)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com