Re: talking Linux?

Nate Duehr <nate@...>

Tony Langdon (ATC) wrote:

I presently have a talking desktop computer running win98 and special "screen reading" software. I use a terminal program on this system to access my shell account and it works quite well. Unless I can find some sort of bootable talking Linux, I'll need help getting the first installation done. After this, how much can I do from a terminal program
I'm not aware of a Linux distribution that has speech during the
installation process. You will need someone to get Linux installed and make
it accessible to other machines on your network.
Riley KL3RH told me that the full RedHat 9 does support speech during installation. He's a blind ham who used it successfully.

Unfortunately I haven't talked to him on IRLP or anywhere else for months. If you can find him, he can probably help you out.

Nate WY0X