Re: Ver 2.02 IRLP Board for Dev Box...

Butch Bussen

I don't think this has been mentioned. If the card is an isa card, usually all jumpers have to be removed to make it plug and pray. If there are jumpers on the card, make sure irq and addresses match.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, ve7ltd wrote:

Not trying to open a can of worms or anything, but why dont you use
the onboard sound card.

It sounds (or my guess is) that there is an IO conflict between the
onboard and the plug in card. If that is the case, I doubt any amount
of wrestling with the card will make it work.

Make sure your BIOS has not reset due to a weak BIOS battery and
re-enabled your sound card.

Also, go into the

/etc/modules.conf

file REMOVE anything that if not related to your ethernet card (eth0).
That way you might get a fresh start when you restart the computer.

Send us your output from

lsmod

before you start. If the sound module is loaded, there is a chance
there is a conflict in the IO or IRQ the sound card is using.