Re: *new* individual list of whos on each reflector (updated)

Nate Duehr <nate@...>

Well, "done properly" is different things to different people.

I was reading through the code last night for the first time very seriously
and finding it quite difficult to read through. (GRIN) No offense to
Richard meant, of course... it works -- but it's not real pretty code...

That's pretty familiar territory though, since that's just like *my* code.
hahaha...

Scalability-wise, MySQL's kinda ugly... it does full table locking every
time a record is updated, so it tends to get slower exponentially as the
table in question gets bigger... for a fixed number of updates. Then you
add that we're adding new nodes that are updating so that number's actually
climbing and not fixed, and ... well ... the status page has a while until
it dies, but it's not as fast as it could be.

:-)

And so far, no one really wants to rewrite it of the people that could...
it's a big project.

--
Nate WY0X

From: "g3zhi" <g3zhi@h...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:57:14 -0000
Subject:[irlp] *new* individual list of whos on each reflector
(updated)

http://irlp.g4eid.co.uk/status/all_reflectors.html

http://www.qsl.net/g3zhi (many ham radio links)

United Kingdom Internet Radio Linking Project

Ian Abel G3ZHI
52 Hollytree Ave
Maltby
Rotherham