Re: Rapidly changing IPs on some nodes

Butch Bussen

Actually, if I understand my talker right, it is every 30 seconds. We
did have a problem with a node I set up in Parhump. He has same router
I do and is on southwest bell. His problem was a bad phone line which
kept dropping the connection, thus changing the address. Mine stays the
same until I unplug the router or modem. Since Bell fixed the problem,
the one in Parhump seems to stay as well.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, AGØN-3055
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:28:06 -0000, ve7ltd wrote:

Any ideas people? I know nothing about PPPoE, but I am sure it is to
blame in 90% of the nodes listed above.
On the Vegas node I've had my fingers in, we set the keepalive (in the
router) to every 30 minutes or something like that and that node now
only changes IP when the router gets rebooted (maybe when the modem gets
rebooted too, not sure). The modem is set to bridging mode.

Gary - AGØN
--
http: //garymcduffie .com
3055: http: // garymcduffie.com /irlp/ 3055