Re: 220 Mhz Link Radio recommendations....??

Butch Bussen

Yep, Dave is absolutely correct. I tried using one on a club repeater here, and it was so bad I've blocked connection to all reflectors. As I recall pulsecheck came out something like 1250. yech!!!
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Dave Gingrich wrote:

On Jan 17, 2008, at 6:27 PM, Craig wrote:

I operate two nodes using the Alinco DR-135 two meter radios with no
problems. I haven't noticed any PL decode issues at all. They work
great and the interface is easy to wire up right out of the box. Its
just 5 wires between two DB9 connectors.
You are correct. YOU never hear the slow tone decoder. Everyone else
on the reflector does though. That is why they are frequently
blocked. The Alinco is very easy to hook up and operate as a simplex
node. But is total crap as a link radio to a repeater, unless you add
on an outboard decoder ...but then it is no longer easy <grin>.