Re: Speaktime script and COSSTATE

Paul Cassel VE3SY <paul@...>

Many thanks Chad. I made a simple change to the script changing the
'cosstate' to 'coscheck' and then it worked fb.

Here's what I am now using and it works great. Thanks all those who offered
feedback

Paul VE3SY
Kitchener On nodes 242, 242

#!/bin/bash
. /home/irlp/custom/environment
# Make sure we are user repeater!!!
if [ `/usr/bin/whoami` != "repeater" ] ; then
echo This program must be run as user REPEATER!
exit 1
fi

# Make sure we have sourced the environment file
if [ "$RUN_ENV" != "TRUE" ] ; then
echo "You must source the environment file first. Do this by running:"
echo ". /home/irlp/custom/environment"
exit 1
fi

if [ -f $LOCAL/active ] ; then exit 0 ; fi

$BIN/coscheck
$BIN/key
usleep 900000
cd /home/irlp/custom
./saytime
"$SCRIPT"/wavplay stn242 <<< stn number for my node
$BIN/unkey
exit 0

OK paul i found that the changes i sent you were not enough information so i
decided to post the entire script file for id_time what this script does is
id's then plays time as i also noticed with some testing is that the script
has to be running from the custom DIR.. atached is the script also is pasted
into the email here are the changes below with information..
#!/bin/bash
# Make sure we are user repeater!!!
if [ `/usr/bin/whoami` != "repeater" ] ; then
echo This program must be run as user REPEATER!
exit 1
fi
. /home/irlp/custom/environment
# Make sure we have sourced the environment file
if [ "$RUN_ENV" != "TRUE" ] ; then
echo "You must source the environment file first. Do this by running:"
echo ". /home/irlp/custom/environment"
exit 1
fi
if [ -f $LOCAL/active ] ; then exit 0 ; fi
if [ "$#" = "0" ] ; then exit 1; fi
$BIN/coscheck
$BIN/key
usleep 900000
cd /home/irlp/custom <<<< MAKE SURE THIS LINE EXISTS
OR IT WILL NOT WORK
$BIN/play $AUDIO/$1.wav <<<< from command line or cron id_time
stnXXX
./saytime
$BIN/unkey
exit 0

notice i am using PLAY instead of wavplay also you can reverse the play and
saytime if you want it to say time then id etc... but make sure the CD dir
exists befor the play...
hope this helps paul.. for some reason if this script is not executed from
the custom dir it does not check COS that i noticed..

and when the script goes off you can test it by keying up your repeater or
sending COS to the irlp node and the script should wait till you unkey
before it id's

Chad Starling ICQ# 1177754
CALL ------- VA3CWS / VA3SCR
NODES 280 / 281