Re: Heat shutdown

At 06:17 AM 2/1/2009, you wrote:
How hot did it get down there? Some of my repeater sites have reached 120F inside during the summer months, but I've designed the systems to handle it. What was the ambient temp near the node equipment?
In my case, they exceeded 42C (108F) at times. I am also conservative about operating temperatures, probably try to run cooler than most (promotes longevity). In addition, I was also trying to minimise the heat load, as running the PC, and the radio's higher duty cycle would have increased the temperature even more.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com