Re: Heat shutdown

At 06:32 AM 2/1/2009, you wrote:
Some locations exceeded 45C/113F (outside) and diurnal cooling wasn't much
better according to many sources. I didn't see what the system temps were
I was in one of those locations...

but with limited cooling, were likely well into the ouch range for chips.
As we know, computers don't like that and show their displeasure by
quitting, forever. They also trash hard drives on their way out. The
larger issue was that the power grid was shut down for protection, which
would limit shack/vault ability to cool too (no a/c on battery).
I tend to be conservative about thermal issues, after having studied the effects of heat on the longevity of solid state devices many years ago - basically, it drastically shortens the lifespan of a circuit.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com