Information on how to get (and use) an experimental node assignment

David Cameron - IRLP

Experimental node numbers assignment:

In order to obtain and use an experimental IRLP node number, I
require:

1) Your name
2) Your callsign
3) Your IP address (static) or fully qualified hostname (no-ip.org
etc) **SEE NOTE**
4) What IRLP codec you would like the IRLP nodes that connect to use,
and if full duplex
5) Whether you want DTMF tones to be muted or not.
6) What current IRLP nodes you own or maintain
7) What your planned use of the experimental node is (software used,
etc).

Send this information to experimental@..., not to my address.

In return, I will add you to the list of experimental nodes, which is
contained in the exp-x-reference file.

In order to participate in the experimental node system,
participating nodes must add the following flag to their environment
file:

export ALLOW_EXPERIMENTAL_NODES=YES

Nodes who do not add this will get a "node does not exist" when they
try and call.

The IRLP files that have changed or been added:

scripts/decode - added the ability to split out the 0000-0999 as
experimental
scripts/exp-x-reference - the file that contains all the IP/host info
scripts/experimental_call - the script that sets up the calls

These will be automatically updated tonight, or you can manually
force an update.

The call that is made is the same call that is made to the echo
reflector. No verification of the identity of the node, no ping, and
no TCP connection is made.

Limitations -

1) Only one assignment per callsign at first. Once the demand has
been determined, others will be allowed if available.
2) No updates to the entries will be made once set, so verify the
info is correct.
3) There will be no status reporting on the IRLP status page, except
that IRLP nodes will show they are connected to 0010 for example.
4) IRLP reserves the right to remove these experimental assignments
at any time, for any reason
5) No requests for specific numbers - they will be assigned in order.

**NOTE** - If you think that your node's IP will change, get a
dynamic DNS hostname setup. I will not be updating the exp-x-
reference file after setup.