Re: Information on how to get (and use) an experimental node assignment

At 12:03 PM 2/2/2009, you wrote:
The questions are below:

On Feb 1, 2009, at 4:08 PM, ve7ltd wrote:

4) What IRLP codec you would like the IRLP nodes that connect to use,
and if full duplex
Will nodes negotiate CODEC like normal nodes or will they expect a
particular CODEC in the same manner as a reflector?
I can probably answer these based on Dave's original post - no, I can't see how negotiation would take place, as there is no TCP channel. Would be nice, but not sure how it could be implemented...

5) Whether you want DTMF tones to be muted or not.

If DTMF tones are muted, will the DTMF data still be available via the
FIFO? chan_irlp does not listen for DTMF tones coming in from a remote
IRLP node (that I'm aware of), it uses the back channel like a normal
IRLP node.
No TCP, no FIFO ;)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com