Re: Information on how to get (and use) an experimental node assignment

Randy Hammock <rhammock@...>

On Feb 1, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:

At 12:03 PM 2/2/2009, you wrote:
The questions are below:

On Feb 1, 2009, at 4:08 PM, ve7ltd wrote:

4) What IRLP codec you would like the IRLP nodes that connect to use,
and if full duplex
Will nodes negotiate CODEC like normal nodes or will they expect a
particular CODEC in the same manner as a reflector?
I can probably answer these based on Dave's original post - no, I
can't see how negotiation would take place, as there is no TCP
channel. Would be nice, but not sure how it could be implemented...
A bit limiting but not a show stopper.

5) Whether you want DTMF tones to be muted or not.

If DTMF tones are muted, will the DTMF data still be available via the
FIFO? chan_irlp does not listen for DTMF tones coming in from a remote
IRLP node (that I'm aware of), it uses the back channel like a normal
IRLP node.
No TCP, no FIFO ;)
Oh well. Guess I'll have to talk to Jim about adding DTMF decode capability to the incoming IRLP audio stream so that connecting IRLP nodes can make Asterisk calls if they so desire (if it does not do that already). After all, a chan_irlp based IRLP node is not much different than a normal IRLP node that is connected to a repeater control except that the app_rpt "repeater controller" has virtually an infinite number of ports to which it can cross-connect.

--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/