Re: Information on how to get (and use) an experimental node assignment

At 01:02 PM 2/2/2009, you wrote:

I can probably answer these based on Dave's original post - no, I
can't see how negotiation would take place, as there is no TCP
channel. Would be nice, but not sure how it could be implemented...
A bit limiting but not a show stopper.
Especially for me, as I want to experiment with full duplex reflectors, but the verdict is "it probably won't work" LOL Be nice to be able to negotiate things like codecs and duplex settings... And then simplex nodes could negotiate simplex. :)

5) Whether you want DTMF tones to be muted or not.

If DTMF tones are muted, will the DTMF data still be available via
the
FIFO? chan_irlp does not listen for DTMF tones coming in from a
remote
IRLP node (that I'm aware of), it uses the back channel like a normal
IRLP node.
No TCP, no FIFO ;)
Oh well. Guess I'll have to talk to Jim about adding DTMF decode
capability to the incoming IRLP audio stream so that connecting IRLP
nodes can make Asterisk calls if they so desire (if it does not do
that already). After all, a chan_irlp based IRLP node is not much
different than a normal IRLP node that is connected to a repeater
control except that the app_rpt "repeater controller" has virtually
an infinite number of ports to which it can cross-connect.
I might have to let the DTMF in and use thelinkbox to decode DTMF. :) thelinkbox is similar in that it also has a ridiculous number of ports to interconnect. ;)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com