Re: Information on how to get (and use) an experimental node assignment

Eric Fort

why add decode to app_rpt? This and many other functions in app_rpt
seem not to belong there but seem they ought to be done in asterisk
proper and acted upon via the dialplan. Unless I misunderstand
something it would seem proper to leave DTMF unmuted and process the
DTMF using Asterisk.

Eric
AF6EP

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Randy Hammock <rhammock@...> wrote:
On Feb 1, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:
5) Whether you want DTMF tones to be muted or not.

If DTMF tones are muted, will the DTMF data still be available via
the
FIFO? chan_irlp does not listen for DTMF tones coming in from a
remote
IRLP node (that I'm aware of), it uses the back channel like a normal
IRLP node.
No TCP, no FIFO ;)
Oh well. Guess I'll have to talk to Jim about adding DTMF decode
capability to the incoming IRLP audio stream so that connecting IRLP
nodes can make Asterisk calls if they so desire (if it does not do
that already). After all, a chan_irlp based IRLP node is not much
different than a normal IRLP node that is connected to a repeater
control except that the app_rpt "repeater controller" has virtually
an infinite number of ports to which it can cross-connect.

--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/