Re: Alsaconf for CentOS 5

iain macdonnell - N6ML

nj1q wrote:
Thanks guys.
"system-config-soundcard" worked. I was able to test the PCI soundcard and it appears okay.
I also tried AUMIX, and that worked fine, too.
Now all I have to do is find out why I get an "Audio Devices Not Set Correct" error when I try to connect to the echo reflector!
Because the device files are owned by root - try:

chown repeater:repeater /dev/dsp /dev/audio /dev/dsp

I'd have to experiment a bit to recommend the right fix for this.

Did anyone mention you're in unsupported territory here? :)

~Iain / N6ML

--- In irlp@yahoogroups.com, Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:

Yes, unsupported... but if you're OK with that, maybe try running
"system-config-soundcard" ?

ALSA "just worked" (didn't need alsaconf) on CentOS 5.2 for me.

~Iain / N6ML

nj1q wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm new to this, so please bear with me! :-)

I'm running CentOS 5 and went through the IRLP install. However,
I'm
unable to find Alsaconf.

I installed all the alsa.* files (that I could find) that were on
the
CD, but when I run "Alsaconf," I still get the "file not found"
error.
Does anyone know where I can download a copy for install?
Thanks!

73,

Joe, NJ1Q