Re: Battery power for Node 4629

At 03:56 AM 2/21/2009, you wrote:
I see you are using a cable modem.
At my location, if we loose commercial mains we loose cable service due
to "head end" cable system amplifier (about 1/2 mile away) loosing
power.
That's interesting. 3 weeks ago, much of Melbourne lost power, and I was in the middle of one of these large areas. Cable service stayed up during the entire outage (I was surfing the net the whole time).

I haven't yet got backup power for my node PC, but I intend to replace the batteries in one of my UPSs. The UPS is 700VA, and the PC is an older one, so it should last at least 90 minutes on the batteries (last PC did, with the cable modem running off the UPS as well - now the cable modem is on another backup circuit).

How does your cable service act when you loose power ?
Only one way to find out - laptop, cable modem on emergency power and wait for an outage. ;)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com