Re: Battery power for Node 4629

Randy Hammock <rhammock@...>

On Feb 20, 2009, at 7:56 PM, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:

How does your cable service act when you loose power ?
Only one way to find out - laptop, cable modem on emergency power and
wait for an outage. ;)
Here in my area of Los Angeles, the cable company has battery backup; however, for extended periods of power outage (when the power is out for days due to Santa Ana winds), I've seen them park service vehicles at power insertion points and power the system from generators.

--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/