Re: individual node to node time out

At 12:47 PM 1/10/2011, you wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 18:46:54 -0000, cypresstower wrote:

I frequently connect to a node in Tennessee on the weekends. Of
course when idle it times out. Rather than changing /home/irlp/custom/timeoutvalue to ZERO, has anyone created a script that allows a specific node to have its own timeout value assigned to it when connected?

You can make changes in your custom decode to handle this easily. If it
is just one or two nodes, look at my web page for custom decode
modifications, including shortcuts.

http://garymcduffie.com/irlp/custom-decode.html#customdecode

Look for the notimeout function and how you can use it.
Keep in mind that the end with the shortest timeout will still drop the link, so you might need to get _really_ fancy (Now this is delving into a part of IRLP I haven't looked through for years), and use a custom designed "call" script for such connections (Dave C is probably having kittens at this point ;) ).

Proceed at your own peril, here there be dragons and monsters. ;)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com