node locking up

Butch Bussen

I moved my node to another computer as the old one wouldn't boot most of the time. I moved the hard drive, irlp board and sound card. The new computer is a Del desktop, I forget the model. Everything seems to work find except every night my node stops responding. I get no response from touch tone commands, and although I can connect via my terminal program, I don't get a login prompt. I'm thinking this has something to do with the update that is sent out each night, as the node quits about the same time in the early morning. As I recall an update is sent out around four mountain time. This morning at ten til 4 mountain time, node was fine. I checked again at ten after four and it is locked up again. If I reboot, it comes back fine. Am I on the right track? What do I look for? I'm running fc3 and until my computer switch, have had no problems for many years.

Thanks.

73
Butch
WA0VJR