Re: RE node locking up

Butch Bussen

I sometimes do sleep through it, but it doesn't come back on unless I go do a hard reset.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Phillip Nichols wrote:

My time and date are set correct, and the machine locks up at around 4
o'clock every morning. This morning, at 3 til, it was fine and when I
again checked at five past 4, it was nonresponsive.
Maybe a newbie question can help ;-)

Isn't that the time the node is supposed to shutdown and update. Then
comes back on 1 hour later?

Honestly, I dont even think about my node at 4am! Maybe you should sleep
through it instead <grin>.

73/Phillip/N8AYE
-. ---.. .- -.-- .
node: 3538

John said the following on 1/10/2012 4:19 PM:

Butch wrote

I tried scandisk and I don't know what happened, but the machine
wouldn't boot back up. When I had my cousin look at the monitor I got
an invalid boot option error and some numbers which I don't recall.
Anyhow, I restored an image and everything is working fine except for
the lock up. I've determined it is something run in a cron somewhere.
My time and date are set correct, and the machine locks up at around 4
o'clock every morning. This morning, at 3 til, it was fine and when I
again checked at five past 4, it was nonresponsive. Where can I look to
see what is causing this?

--->>>