From: irlp@... [mailto:irlp@...] On Behalf Of Butch
Bussen
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 5:02 PM
To: irlp@...
Subject: [irlp] help with backing up my drive

I'm trying to make a copy of the 40gig drive on my node 3148. I am
running fc3 and both drives are 40 gig. I don't know really what to use
to do a clone or copy as most stuff I see on line requires that I boot
from a cd. When I do this, my computer doesn't talk and as I can't see
the screen, I need a program that talks. I have a program that I've used
for years in windows called image for windows. I put the drive in my
windows machine and make an image and then restore to my new drive, and
all seems to go well. There are two partitions, one very small. Both
seem to restore fine, but when I put the new drive in the IRLP box, I get
"no operating system" If I put in the original drive, machine boots fine.
Do I have to make one of these partitions active? Any ideas or
suggestions on another backup program that would work, or why this one
doesn't? I don't understand why I get this error.
Thanks.

73
Butch
WA0VJR