Re: SOLVED DNS warning messages

John Lorenc

Turned out the problem was with a poorly configured URL filter rule on a Huawei 4G LTE router. No longer seeing the warnings.

John VA3WM
IRLP 2998

Sent from my iPad Air 2

On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Dave Gingrich Dave@dcg.us [irlp] <irlp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Actually, IRLP does not depend on Internet DNS to make and receive calls, IRLP uses it own unique routine to do that. But DNS IS used for auxiliary functions such as updating the status page, gathering updates and so forth. It SHOULD work.

Perhaps your service provider has changed name server IPs, that happens. Generally you want to use the IP addresses given to you by your Internet SP. But you can also use the well known public name servers from Level3 (4.2.2.2) or Google (8.8.8.8).

See if you can ‘ping irlp.net’ to verify.

-k9dc

On Feb 6, 2017, at 13:54, 'John Lorenc, VA3WM' va3xjl@gmail.com [irlp] <irlp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello

I am getting extraneous warnings about DNS not being setup correctly in my /home/irlp/log/messages.

Feb 06 2017 13:09:58 -0500 WARNING - DNS is not setup correctly

DNS is setup correctly as incoming and outgoing connections are happening correctly.

More of a nuisance than a problem. Any ideas?

John VA3WM
IRLP 2998

Posted by: Dave Gingrich <Dave@dcg.us>

--- IRLP-Owners YahooGroups List ---