From: irlp@... [mailto:irlp@...]
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 3:41 PM
To: irlp@...
Subject: Re: [irlp] Solar Eclipse

Hopefully it won't be as the news mongers have predicted.  They were wringing their hands claiming that the Internet will crash, and cellphone service will be "spotty" because of all the people live streaming the event.

If that does happen, that's sure a case for the fragile nature of the Internet.

Fred/W8HDU
Node 4370 Lima OH

On 8/14/2017 4:50 PM, 'Jim MacKenzie' jim@... [irlp] wrote:

I will have my nanonode in Idaho Falls (4041 – VE5EIS/W7).  Not sure how reliable the Internet will be that day, but I’d dial up a reflector if we had one running.

Jim VE5EIS

Avast logo