help with the COS on a Motorola M120 and a PiRLP Node

Butch Bussen

All of the nodes I have built use older systems and the version three board. I don't think Mike is on this list, so I'm forwarding his note.

Butch
Do you have any experience with the COS on a Motorola M120 and a PiRLP Node? It
looks like I need to construct a 4.7K resister with a 2222 transistor to make the
COS work correctly. The stock function on the radio for the COS to ground pin is
3.5 M ohm with no receive signal and 0 ohms with receive signal present. In reading
the PiRLP manual, it has a jumper for COS low, which I would think would great for
this, but it doesnt. If I move that jumper to High, the radio receives for a split
second, then the PiRLP node keys the radio.
Its been a long time and too many surgeries since I messed with the old Motorola
equipment.
Thanks.
73
Mike KFJ
Thanks for any help. You can reply to me to

butchb@...
or
butchb@...
Thanks.