Re: New IRLP Node

Carl Sorensen

Do you need to make any modifications to the Alinco? I plan on using the 235 for 220 MHz.
Carl, NB7C

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 13:45, Brian E VE7KND
<assimilation@...> wrote:
You can acquire the interface cables from www.irlpcables.com

Brian - VE7KND

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018, 12:42 PM John Rickert, <john.arthur.rickert@...> wrote:
I plan to use an Alinco mono band transceiver with a PC running Linux.  I'm wondering if there isn't a cable I can purchase that will run from the Alinco to the computer.  If there is please let me know where to buy it.

I am hoping to use my router with a direct cable to the router from the computer.  My alternative plan is to pick up wifi in my shack.

Thanks for the response.  Maybe when I get this working I will construct a wiring diagram for others to use.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:07 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:
Hello John,

There isn't all that much to putting it together. Do you plan to use a Raspberry Pi or a desktop computer? Either way you will most likely need an USB sound fob.

As for a radio, probably one of the easiest to use is a Motorola GM300. Everything you need is on the 16 pin connector on the back of the radio. It shouldn't be hard to get the radio programmed for what you need.

There isn't very much wiring to do and it is pretty easy to take care of.

This list is here to support those such as yourself with getting up and running.