Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Butch Bussen

Good luck. I'm by far not an expert, but I've built several nodes, and it is a lot of fun and works very well.

When you get up and running, give me a call on 3148.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Rickert wrote:

Thanks Butch. Sorry to cause a stir. I got my novice in 57. Will take my
extra next month. I'm trying all forms of communication and thought an
IRLP node for my small community would be very appreciated by all local
hams.

Once I get all I need to put the node together it should be up and running
for all.

Again, Thanks.

73

John
K3JKH

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Butch Bussen <butchb@...> wrote:

Yep, I agree. How quickly some people judge. I got my novice in 1961,
never got on the air, got my general in 1968, now an extra. I'm totally
blind, and I just can't solder that small stuff. I'm glad to pay someone
else to do such things.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Rickert wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure if your comment was meant to irritate. I am almost
80, have designed homing systems for torpedoes and built way more bread
board projects than most. I just want a cable and am willing to pay for
it. I don't think there is any shame in that.

Thanks, John

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association
(TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple
cables.

I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham
radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have
for this kind of operation.