Re: Interesting Node Problem

k9dc

Your current setup is lightest possible load on the node. Static Public IP from your cellco, no magical stuff happening to make it work. Anything involving a VPN will increase CPU load due to the required encryption open the VPN tunnel.

-k9dc

On Oct 10, 2019, at 13:31, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

Thinking about the above situation and lately working with a VPN/VPS, it has me wondering if some of the computer load and operations could be moved to a VPS? Lighten the load on the local computer as well as my (cellular) internet connection. Just wondering . . .