Re: WWAN configuration and 4G Dongles on node 6370

Peter Chaplin <peter@...>

Hi Mike/et al,

I’ve deployed the node for JOTA, so don’t have access to it at the moment to review the files.

Basically, in the  /etc/network/interfaces file I added the below wwan0 interface before the eth0 interface.

auto wwan0

allow-hotplug wwan0

iface wwan0 inet dhcp

               dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

I swapped the SIM between a couple of different model 4G dongles, Telstra Sierra 320U and another that I don’t have the model at hand and it worked with both.

I can’t say I specifically looked to confirm 4G operation. I will when I get the unit back after JOTA in November.

Regards,

Peter

VK3AJ