Re: irlp and echolink mutually exclusive?

k9dc

As I said before, you can NOT disable IRLP and have Echolink work. EchoIRLP requires a fully functional IRLP node to run. If you don’t want IRLP, shut it off and install the official issue Echolink software.

-k9dc

On Nov 8, 2019, at 18:08, Craig, KM6LYW <craig@...> wrote:

GREAT info - thank you Dave!

I'll see if I can replicate the "kickoff".. just to be sure, since that's not the design behavior obviously.

Maybe un-register ourselves from irlp if the club officers want just echolink -- short term. I couldn't
find an process to un-register, yet. and firewalling mynetd seems kinda brutish.

thanks,
-craig

On 11/8/19 3:03 PM, k9dc wrote:
Echolink and IRLP ARE mutually exclusive in EchoIRLP, but neither one kicks anyone off. If the node is on an Echolink call, it is busy to IRLP. Likewise if the node is on an IRLP call, it is busy to Echolink. But no one is bounced off.

EchoIRLP is a script that allows an IRLP node to make and receive calls from the Echolink network if it is idle. But it is on IRLP first and Echolink is a secondary function. It is also not IRLP.net software, so there is no support for it from the IRLP Team. But it usually works just fine.

You cannot disable IRLP and still have Echolink work. It uses the IRLP software entirely, and connects to a locally installed package that bridges the node into the EchoLink network. I suppose you could modify scripts to prevent the node from making IRLP calls, but would be quite painful. If you only want Echolink service, you should just perform a standard Echolink installation, using their software.