Re: irlp and echolink mutually exclusive?

k9dc

Tony,
Yup, I knew that. But IIRC, the default installation setup allows for only one. Apparently their robot goes through the network and finds nodes with the conference set to values above 2, and removes them from the network. Forcing them to pay the fee to have a real *conference*.

I could be wrong about that, but that is my recollection. My point for this thread being, if you want full EchoLink functionality and not just an add-on trick for your IRLP node, you are much better off using the true EchoLink package and staying consistent with EchoLink policies.

-k9dc

On Nov 9, 2019, at 04:14, Tony Langdon <@vk3jed> wrote:

Dave, that's actually not correct. EchoIRLP does support multiple
connections, in principle, and in the early years, they were supported
in actuality - the scripting and configuration still have that support
to this day. However, a change made to the Echolink authentication
servers that prevented people setting up "unofficial" conference servers
using -L and -R callsigns, had the side effect of preventing EchoIRLP
nodes from being able to accept multiple connections (they use the same
software for Echolink functionality). There is a way around this issue
by using alternative software. Some work has been done on this by
others, but I'm not sure of the current status.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com