Re: Speaktime wavplay problem Debian Buster on PiRLP

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

Dave Parks - WB8ODF via Groups.Io wrote:
There is NO REASON to use sox in any of the IRLP scripts, I never understood why Dave C used it.... EVER

sox is a really good tool for converting between various audio formats. If .ul used to be an IRLP standard, but .wav was a later one, I can see why sox would be the obvious way to convert between them.

... or if .wav was always an IRLP standard, but the previous wavplayer left awkward gaps between samples, I can see why "convert them to raw/ul, join them together, convert them back, play as one file" might have seemed like a good idea at the time too.

Meh... See what Dave C suggests

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    sig@...