Re: WAV file audio

My older equipment is not liking the Debian, to many problems.

When you said software below (I think) Debian WHEEZY would no longer be supported, I figured (like most OS companies) you could still use it, you just can't get anyone to support it) so I tried to upgrade the OS which didn't work. Then I find I can't use "get-irlp-files" any more so I'm left with a NON working node that worked fine and dandy before I tried the upgrade and 100% since 2009.

I've been off the air for a month or so now.

I HATE BEING *FORCED* to up grade!

I think it's time I upgrade to AllStar and leave the hassles of the NEW IRLP behind.

>< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 6:53:12 PM EST, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

Well the issue I run into is some of the nodes are running software so
old that the new versions of the same software don't even use the same
syntax. sox is a great example of this. Then I need to make the scripts
recognize this, and that is where it starts to fall apart.

To be honest, if the node is running software that is no longer
maintained (which is anything older than Debian 8), it really is a risk
to the network that it is on, as they can likely be easily compromised
(or are already compromised) and can be used to sniff/snoop on traffic
on your network, or be used to launch attacks on other systems (Denial
of Service).

With the advent of Pi-based systems, there is not a real reason not to
upgrade to something newer. I imagine with the cost of electricity, you
will recoup your up front cost in a matter of a year or two.

David Cameron