Re: WAV file audio

Dave,

I was running FC3 and it was ROCK SOLID since 2009. I up graded to try IRLP VPN which worked fine, it was plug and play. But IRLP didn't work, I'm not complaining about trying to upgrade and it not working... I'm complaining that I can't go back to FC3 or CentOS 4.9 which would put my node back on the net.

Telling people that the older OS's are no longer supported (I don't NEED support) is different than saying if you up grade you'll not be able to get the IRLP files to reinstall FC3 or CentOS 4.9 or Debian WHEEZY. If you have mentioned that I would have NEVER attempted the up grade. I don't have to use IRLP VPN I just thought it would be nice, so I can run off my Verizon Jet Pack.

>< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:22:54 PM EST, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

Dave,

Nobody forced you to upgrade. There are nodes still running RedHat that
work fine. You likely had to upgrade to use a new feature, like IRLP
VPN. It can not be back ported, because OpenVPN will not work on older
kernels. That is not an IRLP issue, that is an issue with OpenVPN.

You will need a system that is capable of running a new OS to run
Allstar also. It will not run on the hardware you can't install Debian
onto.

David Cameron
VE7LTD