Re: Loss of Announcements - Nodes 4480, 4490 & 4677

James Hall

Follow up on my last email. I had just arrived in Hawaii. I have since tested this embedded node. It acts same way. Only connect/disconnect announcements are gone for IRLP only. EchoLink announcements are ok. Custom CW id on IRLP announcements works still. So that’s both my nodes stopped working last Friday. I ran ... rc. Irlp and every thing rebooted but same loss of connect/disconnect announcements.
WH7CD
Jim

created with care by Cold Duck

On Nov 27, 2019, at 8:07 PM, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

When did you do this? There is a recent update from only an hour ago or so.

Dave Cameron

On 2019-11-27 9:50 p.m., K1IMD wrote:
David,
I ran update files on both the nodes I can hear locally (4480 & 4677) and they updated... I then rebooted the node and still no joy. All messages are not being played. Otherwise the node works normally.

Running CentOS 4.9 (final) IRLP distro.

Jon
K1IMD

On 11/27/2019 23:51, David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
The recent update to the wavplay script should fix both issues.

David Cameron

-------- Original message --------
From: "Dave Parks - WB8ODF via Groups.Io" <wb8odf=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 11/27/19 8:46 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Loss of Announcements - Nodes 4480, 4490 & 4677

I'm interested here too, I have a friend who lost audio coming from the node (ex: IRLP node is enabled/disabled & connect/disconnect notices).

The node works he can connect/disconnect and audio works fine just not the IRLP audio.

His node is CentOS 4.9

< Dave Parks ><
@WB8ODF <mailto:@WB8ODF>
http://wb8odf.com
Node: 8139 <mailto:dave@...>

<mailto:dave@...>

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 11:22:39 PM EST, Ken <ve5kc@...> wrote:

Node 1340 running an old Red Hat install.

Lost connect, disconnect and node status announcements last week. Other wise everything else it working normal,

I'm not into Linux so I passed the info on to our guy who runs things. He say all the tests on the node checked out OK. I left him to try to figure this out.

Another system with newer hardware and current Linux version are planed for the new year.

73.. Ken - VE5KC

Join IRLP@irlp.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.