Re: Can't login to Terminal

k9dc

Who is your friend and what is his node number?
-k9dc

On Nov 29, 2019, at 14:37, Don DeGregori <don1mh@...> wrote:

I have a friend with the newest assembled PiRLP4 Node. He wants to check ifconfig on the Terminal to find his local inet IP address. He thinks the ports are not port forwarded properly.

I told him to reboot to get the login prompt. He does and sees login. He types root. For password, he puts in his changed password. He sees his node number within the prompt. I ask him to type ifconfig (Return). He gets the prompt back. I said to try ls command. He gets prompt back. I believe he is in the IRLP directory which doesn't  allow Linux commands?

I have an old old Red Hat legacy box which works fine. So I'm not sure what the newest software has in it.

W6RWN   3146