From: David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...>
Date: 2019-12-03 10:58 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: PS: [IRLP] IRLP OS and USB Drive

Rufus will not work on some systems. The concept of using win32diskimager is new. Read up on isohybrid for more information. It will only work on the latest debian 10 iso.

I caution against installing the actual OS onto a USB based disk drive, unless it is a USB 3 port and you have a UPS. They will work ok until your first or second power outage.

From: bruce clements <ve3bv.ca@...>
Date: 12/3/19 4:29 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

I used FAT 32 on my usb stick..I used  Rufus to copy the install file to the stick.
I downloaded the file onto my desktop , then used Rufus to put it on a bootable stick.

I've never used the win32diskImager , so maybe Dave or someone else can let you know.

Bruce Ve3bv
2226

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

From: John <gielisj@...>

Date: 12/3/19 3:29 PM (GMT-08:00)

To: IRLP <IRLP@irlp.groups.io>

Subject: PS: [IRLP] IRLP OS and USB Drive

Also, I doubt whether you can copy, verbatim, the content of a ISO CD to a USB
stick, and expect IT to boot.

I will stand corrected !! :)

John