The problem is likely any custom crontabs you have added in /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons.

You may have made the file on a windows machine, and then moved it to Linux. That will cause weird characters to exist in it.

Google the program dos2unix for more info on a converter you can use.

On 2020-01-10 09:10, k9dc wrote:
What file are you looking at and how are you looking at it? It should
just be text.
'crontab -l’ to list it; ‘crontab -e’ to edit
-k9dc

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:58, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:
Dave thanks for reply. I tried looking at the file with an editor. It is unreadable. To me it looks curopt.
Can it be regenerated?
Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE