Re: new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Charlie Wa2gug

I was looking at wrong file. I added the carriage return at the end of the file, saved it, tried again same error.

On 1/10/2020 12:10, k9dc wrote:
What file are you looking at and how are you looking at it?  It should just be text.

'crontab -l’ to list it; ‘crontab -e’ to edit

-k9dc

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:58, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

Dave thanks for reply. I tried looking at the file with an editor. It is unreadable.  To me it looks curopt.
Can it be regenerated?

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

Not worth re-installing over. The error message you received is pretty clear what the problem is.

new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Charles L. Alfano
WA2GUG
ARRL VE, Instructor