-------- Original message --------
From "Dave Parks - WB8ODF via Groups.Io" <wb8odf@...>
Date: 01/10/2020 16:17 (GMT-05:00)
To IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject Re: [IRLP] new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Charlie,

You can go to my web page (wb8odf.com) and download "filefix.tgz" this will fix any problems you have editing Linux files on you window machine and uploading them. I believe it makes sure your last line is a NewLine as well.

Good luck

>< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com

On Friday, January 10, 2020, 1:16:44 PM EST, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

I was looking at wrong file. I added the carriage return at the end of the file, saved it, tried again same error.

On 1/10/2020 12:10, k9dc wrote:
What file are you looking at and how are you looking at it?  It should just be text.

'crontab -l’ to list it; ‘crontab -e’ to edit

-k9dc

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:58, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

Dave thanks for reply. I tried looking at the file with an editor. It is unreadable.  To me it looks curopt.
Can it be regenerated?

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE