Re: Node Loosing Connectivity

John Lorenc

Klaus, found an example of editing cron at https://www.qsl.net/w2ymm/howto.html.

Disable and Enable with custom_cron

Question ?

Can I have cron do a shut down and restart echolink over night ?

Answer..
Adding the following two lines to custom.crons should do it:

0 23 * * * (/home/EchoIRLP/ scripts/echo_ disable >/dev/null 2>&1)
0 06 * * * (/home/EchoIRLP/ scripts/echo_ enable >/dev/null 2>&1)

The 23 above will disable it at 11 pm and the 06 will re-enable it at 6 am.

Google will help you with figuring out the asterisks to do the reboot when you like. Change /home/EchoIRLP/scripts/echo_enable to /usr/bin/sudo reboot and add the line to custom.crons.

After custom.cons is edited, you need to do an

update files

Note this is a band aid to at least allow you some level of ssh access while you are figuring out root cause.

John va3wm
IRLP 2248 2931

On Mar 29, 2020, at 10:55 AM, Klaus Rung via Groups.Io <k_rung@...> wrote:

Thanks John,

Any help in how to craft the cron job?

Klaus

On Sunday, March 29, 2020, 10:44:10 a.m. EDT, John Lorenc <va3xjl@...> wrote:

The rebooting can be automated with a cron job sudo reboot.

The Ethernet interface may be failing. This happened to node 2998 before hw replacement.

John va3wm
Nodes 2248 2931

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020, 10:19 AM Klaus Rung via Groups.Io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

I am having a problem with a node that is using the vpn service from irlp that is connected to a Carrier Grade Nat connection. The node is set to a static ip address and connected to the internet providers router.

The node works fine for a number of hours once booted and then by next morning looses connectivity with the network. Once rebooted it starts to work again normally with in and out calls and ssh remote login working just fine.

Is there a way to use a script to keep the connection alive from the node end so we don't have to have daily manual restarts of the node to wake up the connection?

Has anyone else had this problem and what solution have they found?

Klaus
ve3kr
node 7371 J73W