Re: problems with "new" install - node just quick keys & unkeys

David Cameron - IRLP

Your sound card is not working. I assume this is a Pi with a USB sound card? That is a common symptom is the sound card is not initialized during the boot cycle.

On 2020-04-01 6:19 p.m., Chris Schwab wrote:
Good evening..
Getting around to rebuilding our node here that has been inactive due to a hard drive crash a while ago, and I'm having issues with the system keying up & sending audio.
I've ran readinput and the system is decoding everything, but when I try to run the audio test the radio keys up for about a half a second, then automatically unkeys. If I reboot the node PC, where there would typically be the "IRLP Node Enabled" announcement, I get that same quick key & unkey with no audio.
Any ideas as to what I might be missing here?
Thanks and 73,
Chris N4BSA