Re: problems with "new" install - node just quick keys & unkeys

Chris Schwab

No it's a PC that I've reused.

I do see the sound card if I run alsactl init:

Found hardware: "HDA-Intel" "Intel Haswell HDMI"
"HDA:80862807,80860101,00100000" "0x1028" "0x05c1"
Hardware is initialized using a generic method

Alsaconf shows this at select sound card:
Sound Card
- (default)
0 HDA Intel HDMI
1 HDA Intel PCH
enter device name..

Thanks!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 9:39 PM David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@irlp.net> wrote:

Your sound card is not working. I assume this is a Pi with a USB sound
card? That is a common symptom is the sound card is not initialized
during the boot cycle.

On 2020-04-01 6:19 p.m., Chris Schwab wrote:
Good evening..

Getting around to rebuilding our node here that has been inactive due to
a hard drive crash a while ago, and I'm having issues with the system
keying up & sending audio.

I've ran readinput and the system is decoding everything, but when I try
to run the audio test the radio keys up for about a half a second, then
automatically unkeys. If I reboot the node PC, where there would
typically be the "IRLP Node Enabled" announcement, I get that same quick
key & unkey with no audio.

Any ideas as to what I might be missing here?

Thanks and 73,

Chris N4BSA