Re: Troubleshooting node 1642

Ron VE8RT

Hi,

well then I guess the software dates it :-) The mini-ITX board
would date it too, but more telling is the IRLP Board manual dated
January 2006 for boards version 3.0X. The computer supports a flash
card memory (not a hard drive). I'm thinking that maybe one of the
board capacitors in the audio output has gone open.

I own and maintain the node personally and it is linked by radio on
a 222 MHz link to the local repeater. Or it was. A replacement would
be at my own expense. The IRLP board (connects to the printer port)
itself seems to be OK, I might cut costs if it could be kept.

Recommendations?

Ron VE8RT

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 12:50:23 -0400
"k9dc" <Dave@dcg.us> wrote:

How old is your node? aumix has not been used for years. The tool for audio is ‘alsamixer'

-k9dc

On Apr 19, 2020, at 11:04, Ron VE8RT <ve8rt@yknwt.ca> wrote:

I'm troubleshooting my node, apparently there is no transmit audio
out of the computer. aumix levels look OK, running $SCRIPTS/audiotest
keys up the link radio but there is no audio. Swapping headphones out
at the computer where the interface would plug in and running the
audiotest again gives a very low level of white noise during the test.
I suspect that the mini-ITX board audio section has a problem. It is
an Intel DG945GCFL and it has run flawlessly for a few years, if it is
the board can I find a replacement with a parallel printer port cheaper
than I could switch it over to a current Raspberry Pi system?

Ron VE8RT node 1642

--
Ron VE8RT <ve8rt@yknwt.ca>

--