Mine has been faithfully running for years without bother, no worries, no fan noises.

Rick NK7I
7962

On 4/20/2020 2:02 PM, Phil Zocco wrote:
Hi Ron,

I replaced my 10 year old 800 MHz Ingraham HDD with an Intel DM2800MT and a Samsung 120 G SATA SSD. I thought about the Pi but I wanted to go old style.

eBay has the boards starting as low as $35 US. Not too sure what shipping would be to Canada but it's a good start. You do need to get a parallel header ribbon which attaches to the board for your IRLP card.

73,

Phil N1BOW
Node 5960
AMT MP 113.6
Niantic, CT USA Earth

-----Original Message-----
From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io [mailto:IRLP@irlp.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron VE8RT
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 2:35 PM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Troubleshooting node 1642

Hi,

   well then I guess the software dates it :-)  The mini-ITX board
would date it too, but more telling is the IRLP Board manual dated
January 2006 for boards version 3.0X.  The computer supports a flash
card memory (not a hard drive). I'm thinking that maybe one of the
board capacitors in the audio output has gone open.

   I own and maintain the node personally and it is linked by radio on
a 222 MHz link to the local repeater.  Or it was.  A replacement would
be at my own expense.  The IRLP board (connects to the printer port)
itself seems to be OK, I might cut costs if it could be kept.

   Recommendations?

       Ron VE8RT

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 12:50:23 -0400
"k9dc" <Dave@...> wrote:

How old is your node?  aumix has not been used for years. The tool for audio is �alsamixer'

-k9dc

On Apr 19, 2020, at 11:04, Ron VE8RT <ve8rt@...> wrote:

 I'm troubleshooting my node, apparently there is no transmit audio
out of the computer.  aumix levels look OK, running $SCRIPTS/audiotest
keys up the link radio but there is no audio.  Swapping headphones out
at the computer where the interface would plug in and running the
audiotest again gives a very low level of white noise during the test.
I suspect that the mini-ITX board audio section has a problem.  It is
an Intel DG945GCFL and it has run flawlessly for a few years, if it is
the board can I find a replacement with a parallel printer port cheaper
than I could switch it over to a current Raspberry Pi system?

  Ron VE8RT node 1642

--
Ron VE8RT <ve8rt@...>