Re: Network disconnected script?

Kevin B

Hey,
Awesome I'll check that out. I'll be in touch if I have any questions.
Thanks

Kevin
VE6KEZ

On Sat., Apr. 25, 2020, 18:48 Dave Parks - WB8ODF via groups.io, <wb8odf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
HI Kevin,

This is pretty simple, I have script that monitors a lot of things on your node called "Watch Dog" it's pretty robust and has a PING function that will do exactly what you're looking for... If your node disconnects from the internet you can have it broadcast a voice or tone via your Repeater/IRLP or Simplex node telling you there is a problem.

If you're only interested in the PING function we can scale it down to fit you personal needs.

My phone number , email and web site is listed below.

** Dave Parks **
IRLP Node: 8139
1-734-219-2010
Correspondent Amateur Radio Newsline

On Saturday, April 25, 2020, 8:30:47 PM EDT, Kevin B <buchholz676@...> wrote:

I had an idea that I have no idea how so wanted to see if maybe there is something out there. Is there a way to speak something or even beep every say minute or so whenever your node isn't connected to the internet? Maybe some kind of ping script? My internet isn't the most reliable and would be cool if the node would say something or even beep when it's down so I would know.

Kevin