Re: New IRLP node #piirlp

k9dc

Node numbers are not assigned to boards. Rather they are assigned to a software installation which you must have a board, to complete.  If you have been assigned a number in the past, which you must know, it is possible to recover the number by corresponding with installs@ IRLP.net.  If you do not know your number, or if the registered owner is not you, requiring an exact match of the email address of your request, it cannot be recovered.

To obtain a new number, you simply perform a NEW installation. A number will automatically be issued to you as part of that process. There is no need to contact anyone for a new number assignment.  All NEW number assignments are vetted by a human before they will work. Sometimes it takes us a couple of days to review and install your new key. So do not expect immediate access to the network after just completing an installation. You will receive an email upon installation of your key.

-k9dc

On Apr 28, 2020, at 08:30, vk5cp <vk5cp@...> wrote:

Hi

I purchased a V3.0 IRLP board a few years ago and am in the process of modifying it for use with a raspberry Pi. I cant remember if I was allocated an IRLP node number of PGP key when I purchased the board.

Is there process to recover an old IRLP node number and key or do I need to apply for a new one?  Who do I need to email?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris VK5CP