Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

k9dc

This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

On May 8, 2020, at 14:25, Lonney [KL3NO] via groups.io <lonney.harper=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Putting the cable modem into bridge mode does not stop the phone/POTS ports from working, they continue to work as before.

If you change to using bridge mode you'll need another NAT/router device inbetween the cable modem and your LAN - this is the setup I currently have - cable modem in bridge mode, one ethernet cable from it plugs into my Netgear R6400's WAN port.

If Comcast has since removed the port forwarding features from their firmware, that must be pretty recent as it was there in mine about a month ago when I received the current cable modem to replace the old one (seems they're cycling out the older ones that dont support xFI).