Re: dtmfdial

Klaus Rung

I put the export TXDELAY=500000 into the environment file and restarted and it seems to work and the first digit is able to be heard and decoded more reliably but I went to 1500000 and I did not see a difference. the values in the dtmfdial file I should be able to change the values in but it keeps going back to the same original settings.

I would think I should be able to change the txdelay and dial volume in this file.

${BIN}/coscheck
${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
  ${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p
else
  ${DIAL} ${DIAL_OPTIONS} ${1}p

On Friday, May 8, 2020, 4:01:16 p.m. EDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

I’ve never used it myself, but the reference to $TXDELAY pulls the value set in the environment file. So perhaps you could increase it there. Perhaps it is not defined.

export TXDELAY=500000

But if you have a specific interval you want to use, just remove the reference and place a discrete value in your script.

usleep 500000

-k9dc

> On May 8, 2020, at 15:42, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I am trying to send dtmf to the remote repeater so I am trying to increase the wait time of dtmf after keying before sending digits.
>
> ${BIN}/key
> usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}
>
> if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
>  ${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p
>
> When I change txdelay to 500000 it changes back after the irlp software is restarted. How do I get to keep my new settings in this file?
>
> Klaus
> ve3kr
> 2450

Join IRLP@irlp.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.