Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY

As you can see that when WiFi Advanced Security is enabled (which it is by default), both port forwarding and DMZ are disabled. I disabled that security feature (a 10 minute task) and proceded to the manual addition of ports to forward; three of my ports appeared but none are the IRLP ports. At that point nothing works and IRLP is inoperative even with the security disabled.

And yes the removal of port forwarding from the modem Admin tab is new, very new, probably this week.

On May 8, 2020, at 3:45 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

On May 8, 2020, at 14:25, Lonney [KL3NO] via groups.io <lonney.harper=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Putting the cable modem into bridge mode does not stop the phone/POTS ports from working, they continue to work as before.

If you change to using bridge mode you'll need another NAT/router device inbetween the cable modem and your LAN - this is the setup I currently have - cable modem in bridge mode, one ethernet cable from it plugs into my Netgear R6400's WAN port.

If Comcast has since removed the port forwarding features from their firmware, that must be pretty recent as it was there in mine about a month ago when I received the current cable modem to replace the old one (seems they're cycling out the older ones that dont support xFI).