Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY

The IP node is 10.0.0.184.

We agree on the ports that have to be opened, but even with the security disabled, I cannot add any of the ports needed. I have not tried DMZ.

BTW I host node 8581 for my local repeater and club. KD1YH until now has remotely monitored the logs picking up problems proactively as he understands the system better than I. His Telnet capability is no longer functioning

73

On May 8, 2020, at 5:13 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

I cannot “see" anything, I do not have the service.

But I am not surprised you will have to disable Advanced Security, that is pretty standard. You will need to know the IP address of the node computer, on your LAN. Use that as target destination of the forward. Log in to the node and use the command ‘/sbin/ifconfig’ to determine the IP the node computer is using.

In addition to TCP 15425, you will need to include UDP 2074-2093. Or BTW, you could just set up the DMZ host address for the node. Do not attempt to do both however.

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 16:54, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

As you can see that when WiFi Advanced Security is enabled (which it is by default), both port forwarding and DMZ are disabled. I disabled that security feature (a 10 minute task) and proceded to the manual addition of ports to forward; three of my ports appeared but none are the IRLP ports. At that point nothing works and IRLP is inoperative even with the security disabled.

And yes the removal of port forwarding from the modem Admin tab is new, very new, probably this week.
On May 8, 2020, at 3:45 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding